June 24, 2011

Easy stone bases


Months ago, I was experimenting with basing in greenstuff. My original thread can be found here at 40k Online. Would you believe it's taken me about 6 months to actually paint one of these? Wow - I'm easily distracted!

I specifically made these for use in Incursion, a game which takes place inside a WWII bunker. I knew the common gravel basing technique just wouldn't do, so I came up with the trick of pressing a rock into greenstuff. It's an easy way to create a simple, rocky surface in scale with 28mm miniatures. Painting is a snap, too. Just a base coat of dark grey, dry brushing with light shades of grey, and finally an ink wash to bend it all together.

Here's the finished product using a miniature I painted last week. I wasn't too happy with my painting, but at least the base is an improvement.


Current score on Cool Mini or Not:

No comments:

Post a Comment